11.30.2009

Lots to be Thankful For!!

It's been pretty quiet around here. Yes, we've been busy doing house things--packing a bit here and there, picking out paint samples, getting this place ready to rent...but we've been at home. Dane and Cash didn't have school for a week due to Thanksgiving. I was stuck in the house looking freakish with hives after being allergic to the antibiotic I was on. And Dane ended up with another little bug for a day. Can you have busy and quiet??


The little guys playing a game of connect four. Ca-uuute!


Funny Daner.


Cash sits at the table now in a booster. He pitches a major fit if we try to put him in the highchair. He's getting so big.


I made an apple pie for Thanksgiving at my parents this year. It was the first time I attempted a lattice crust. And yes, it was as good as it looks. Better. This is before I cooked it. It had a thick, butter, caramely sauce that was wonderful. I was pretty impressed with myself!
Again, we had 2 awesome Thanksgivings this year. On the actual day of, we started out with our annual Turkey 5k downtown with Kelli and Christian. It was very nice. We finished the day with a great meal at the Greenwald's. It was a small group of us, but wonderful nonetheless. Saturday we celebrated with my family. We were missing a few, but had another great meal and fun doing our other annual event, bowling. The kids had a great time playing together.
We are thankful for so much. It's hard to list. I'll just say that we are very blessed and filled with more than we need. Thanks to everyone who fills us up!!

Saturday night we set up our tree (didn't go and cut one this year with all the moving hub-ub) so that was different. But it was still fun. Well, fun for me and Dane. Daddy recorded part of the event and laughed while Cash pulled every ornament off that we put on. I was rather stressed with Cash (he only broke one ornament) and then more stressed because I was stressing over non-stressful stuff. Whew. Annoying, right?!


This funny guy didn't make one smiley, happy face or laugh all through Thanksgiving with family Saturday. He saved it all for us that night. He is such a character.


This is it. It's quite beautiful. I used so many lights this year. And had to run out to buy more. But it was fun. That's what counts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's been so long since I've checked in. I can't believe how big they're getting!!