5.24.2011

Vacation Rocks!

A few weeks ago, we packed up my Mom's jeep and hit the road for weeks long vacation at the beach! The boys did amazingly well on such a long car ride-thank goodness for dvd players! We made it to Hattiesburg, Mississippi and stopped for the day. Then just a few more hours until our destination-Gulf Shores, Alabama! Grandma and Grandpa Tomb were able to join us for most of the trip. We are so thankful for that...


Cash is holding a magnolia leaf. I wish I would have taken a picture of the trees. I was in such awe. They were beautiful!


We walked out onto the beach and this is what followed for the next 20 minutes. Jumps, rolls and fun in the water. (last time we were at the beach, Dane was almost 2 years old and didn't like the sounds or the feel of the sand-totally different story and Cash love it too)!





The boys were so excited to look for crabs at night. Grandma got them each their own flashlight, but no such luck. Not a crab in sight...



On afternoon, we hit up Alligator Alley. Holy moly. It was craaaaazzy.







We also brought the boys mini golfing to a really cool pirate place.
Dane had fun, but would get mad if he didn't get it in the hole right away. Cash was running around like a crazy man and my mom and I were just looking to have a little fun.




There is a super fun restaurant with awesome food called LuLu's. (Yum, makes me hungry for the amazing mahi tacos I had). There is a huge sand pit with buckets, shovels and water for the kids to play in. Of course, our boys went right to it!




We had such a great trip! I didn't get nearly enough pictures to do it justice. The boys enjoyed many new things and we enjoyed watching them! I can't thank my Mom enough for having us join her--or my Grandma and Grandpa. It was a trip for the books. We can't wait to come back!!

No comments: