1.16.2008

LUTSEN!!

Ross and I took our first weekend away alone, since Dane was born. We went to Lutsen for a few days of skiing, relaxation, good food and alone time. As we entered Duluth, the snow began. It was beautiful, but little did we know what was to come.



This is the view from our balcony. It was breathtaking. Surprisingly, it wasn't great to ski in. Friday's snow was the heavy, sticky stuff that pelted your face, smeared your goggles and kept your skis from swishing. Again...beautiful, but not ideal to ski in.

So after a few hours, we went to Papa Charlies and enjoyed a cherry coke (for me) and a Mesaba Red (for Ross) along with a pizza. Delicioso. We then checked into our great room and took a nap.

This is me in my cute new ski outfit. It's really cute and matches my skis perfectly.


The next morning, it was still snowing. It hadn't stopped since we arrived. Another lovely day. This time, the snow was powder. Much better. We hit the slopes right away and managed another couple of hours. I didn't enjoy myself this day. Of course I was super nervous of falling, but I did a ton of that and couldn't get my skis to move right. I lost my confidence and called it a day. Ross skied for a bit longer and then we hit the pool. Everyone thinks it's fun to ski in snow, but it's totally not.


Here we are on the gondola. You can't see the background, but boy was it pretty.


So, it was a nice weekend away, but we were looking forward to getting home to our Lovebug. He did wonderful. THANKS so much Grandma Tammy and Auntie Dana for watching Dane so that we could have this time away. With a new baby on the way, it's going to be awhile before that happens again.

No comments: