7.05.2010

The Weekend!

We had a really nice, long weekend--together. Mostly just our little family doing our own thing. I finished staining the porch (I'll take a picture soon)-well, the first coat of everything and the second of the floor. I'm hoping to get the rest of the second coat up by the end of the week. It looks awesome. Ross put in paver stones in the backyard by the walkout. We moved a lot of rock around the house. We planned what's next on the "to do" list. Friday we bbq'd and swam at the Greenwald's. Sunday my parents came by for a bit. The kids were up late--Dane didn't nap all weekend (but took a 3 hour one today) and we just really enjoyed each other's company.


After dinner, we started a campfire. Yes, it was super hot out, but the bugs were bad and the kids wanted marshmallows.


Can you believe it was actually 8:30 at night?!


My parents rode their motorcycle over. Dane thinks it's totally awesome. If you look close, you can see two mosquitos on him. He has bites everywhere. Apparently our bug spray didn't work.

Today we went over to Lake Rebecca. We brought our bikes and the trailer in hopes of a little playtime at the park and a long bike ride for Mom and Dad. Well, we had the playtime, but not so much of a bike ride. Dane rode his bike for awhile, alongside Ross and I, but he quickly became tired so we tossed him into the trailer with Cash. Cash was extremely tired and hot and wanted nothing to do with being stuck next to Dane. He screamed terribly for 5 minutes and I couldn't stand it any longer. So we went back. So much for a nice, enjoyable ride. The park was cool though and Dane informed us that "We need to come here more often, guys." We sure will!


Some of my pictures are out of order...I was looking back at them and old pictures of 2 years ago exactly, came into my mind. I think our boys look so different, but when you see these pictures it's funny how similar they look.

Cash July 2010


Dane July 2008


Cash July 2010


Dane July 2008

Happy Independence Day!!

No comments: