7.29.2008

As Dane Would Say...This is a biiigggg-un!


Today, Erin and I took the kids to a concert in the park. Dane thought they were so good and listened very carefully. When they finished a song, he would say "yay!" and clap. Such a nice boy.


Celia and Dane played with chalk as they listened to the music.


There are some great fountains for kids to play in right near the bandshell. Here is Dane getting ready to run in the "sprinklers."





These two were so cute to watch run all over the place. Their little faces say it all. Ah...to be young again.


A hug to end the fun day they had together. Hopefully Dane and Celia can be friends for years to come.


We go to the beach every week and every week, Dane gets braver and enjoys it more and more.





Once he gets over being cold, he loves to go out and float. He kicks and paddles and really has a fun time. He won't let me touch the floatie. This new found independence is scary.


We also go to the park almost every day. I always try to catch some good pictures, but Dane is too fast for me. This time, I managed to get a few.



Time is flying by-Dane is almost two already! I can't believe it. These pictures make him look so grown up. My beautiful big boy.


Dane wouldn't let Ross or myself ride with him on the teeter totter. Again, the independence thing is beginning to bug me.



One last trip across the bridge before heading home. He is so very careful to step over the cracks like he might fall through.

I say it quite often, but we feel so blessed and lucky to have such an interested, curious, happy and loving little boy. He is so sweet, has great manners, says "bless you" if he hears you sneeze, and will just randomly say to me, "mom, I love you."
Being a parent is hard work, but being a stay-at-home parent is really hard work. You don't get to here or feel the rewards of all of your work until about 18 months. I wouldn't trade my days with Dane for anything and am so grateful to know that he loves me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I love seeing Celia and Dane playing because when I get home every day you guys get together Celia tells me all about it..."umm ummm picnic Dane Jessie birds park ummm umm and Dane Jessie YEAH!!!"

-Jeff

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures Jess! Since your camera is broken, could you even see what you were shooting? Or did you just click away? Regardless, they are great! We had a blast yesterday, even though I was a giant sweatball when we got home. Next time I'm going in those sprinkers. I hope my mumu still fits. Ha! Hope to see you again tomorrow for more water fun!

3Skooges