12.01.2008

Holy Blog!

Be prepared...this is one long blog.
We had such a wonderful family, fun-filled weekend. Thanksgiving Day was spent with the Greenwald's at my in-laws house. The food, the conversation and the family was great, as usual. I, of course, did not get many pictures of the whole fan damily, just a few of my guys. Sorry.

We have so much to be thankful for and being with our families really puts that into perspective even more.


Cashie lounging with Great-Grandpa Marvin.


My mother-in-law wanted to take some family pictures. I think they turned out pretty good minus the fact that my boys weren't smiling. There were just too many cameras going off at once. Where do you look??


Dane was having so much fun, especially playing with his Daddy. He has loved playing with the pool balls since he could walk. This time, he actually used the cue and hit the ball. He was stoked!


Such an excited boy!


Friday we celebrated Thanksgiving for another day. The day was spent at my parent's house along with all of the family from my side. 22 of us-11 being kids. There was a lot of noise in a not so large space, but it was a lot of fun! More good food, more good conversation and an all around good time. I love to watch my kids play with their cousins. Cash may not be doing that just yet, be he will be before we know it. They all have such a fun time together.






It's been a tradition that was established 3 years ago, to go bowling after the big meal. The kids seem to enjoy it and the adults have a grand time!! This year, Dane really got into it. Cash slept through the whole thing!


Saturday, we got up and went to get our Christmas tree. The weather was fantastic-beautiful, sunny and kind of warm! We went to a you-cut-your own tree farm. However, after walking through and taking many looksies, we were unable to find one that we liked.


Dane brought his saw with to help Daddy cut the tree. I don't think he knew that this tree was cut for us.


Cash just hung out and enjoyed himself.


Here is our beaut! A fraser fir. The smell is awesome.
After we brought in the tree, it wasn't long before Dane began sneezing and coughing. We thought he may be allergic to the tree and so we took it back outside.
Well, the next morning Dane was not any better and we came to the decision that he had a cold. The cold came with green boogies and all. Lovely.
So, needless to say, the tree came back in.

Dane and Daddy playing with the trains.


Playing beautiful music.


I pulled out the stockings. They looked so nice. That is, until Dane decided to pull at one. The stocking and holder fell and almost hit him in the head. That was the end of that.



Here's my sick little guy helping Daddy get his hunting stuff together. (Ross goes muzzle loading once a year with his dad). Look at his face :o( Poor boy.





Decorating the tree with Dane was so much fun. This is the first time he really got into it. My anal side shown through as he was trying to put many ornaments right next to each other. Ross kept trying to tell me it was ok, but man was that hard. I did leave the ornaments where he put them.



Ta-da! The finished product is gorgeous.
We are full of Christmas spirit in this house and are greatly looking forward to the rest of the holiday season. It's been so fun to experience life in the eye's of a child. Everything is fun, new and exciting to Dane. Us too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful tree! And Jessie...don't feel bad about redistributing the ornaments...it's a little ceremony that all mothers of children participate in AFTER the decorating is done! I still do it, even when I'm the only one doing the decorating!! Enjoy the holidays.....Sally (Erin's mom).

Courtney Smith said...

Hey Miss Jessie! I didn't know you were a blogger too! I'll have to add you to my list. Your boys are so adorable!